Thursday 19 May 2016

Catch up part 2

Hi again

Catching up with the blog part 2


We have been away for 11 nights to Scotland, I think that we got the best weather that the West Coast can produce. It was glorious, really warm... much to our surprise, we had packed for rain and cold.

We stayed on the Applecross Peninsular and I found some interesting things to do..

At Applecross they have a Heritage Centre and on Mondays there is a lady who demonstrates how to use a spinning wheel. Much to my surprise she made me wear an apron, sit down and have a go.

 

 So I turned some wool like this into this in about 10 minutes.



I felt really chuffed its not good but was fun to do.

Then on Wednesday I met Lesley from Croft Wools and Weavers, she was teaching another lady called Ann and myself how to dye yarn using natural plant dyes.

Much to my surprise on arrival I was taken across a field, wondering where I was going, thinking I had forgotten my coat, we went down some steps and arrived at a beautiful summerhouse with a veranda nestled by a stream.

The 3 hour workshop flew by too quickly and we both enjoyed being with Lesley very much, we have both come away wanting to have a go ourselves. I ordered a book as soon as I could and intend to buy a kit to have a go.

If you are ever on the Applecross Peninsula it really is worth a trip to look at their shop or ring earlier to book a workshop.




The colours that we dyed drying in the sun outside



They really are beautiful colours..


Thanks to Lesley xx

Going to order the kit now I will show you my results, that is if I manage to have any results.

Happy Days

Alison xxxx









No comments:

Post a Comment