Tuesday 24 May 2016

Patchwork Bags and Crossed Trebles

Good morning

I was hoping for another lovely day today so that I could continue to tidy up the flower pots in the garden, yesterday was just perfect, sunny but not too hot and I managed to make start.




I think that I will go out today looking for some inspiration, oh dear poor bank card...
My inspiration usually means shopping not looking at other peoples gardens, I am not a very good gardener.


Patchwork Bags

I have been practicing with the new sewing machine this week and have finished 2 bags, one that was started a few weeks ago and one that I managed to do in a day.
Both were from kits and instructions I have bought when I have been at the crafts shows.





















I was thinking that it would be nice to show you some of my favourite stitches so here is the first one.


Crossed trebles

One of my favourite stitches is crossed trebles, I think it gives a little bit of texture without being complicated.



Miss a stitch, work treble in next stitch, then work a treble into the missed stitch..... simple.

I have done a video clip and will tell you where it can be found when I work out how to add it to the others that I have done.



Well I think I will get on with the shopping, the traffic should be a little quieter now the school run is over.

Enjoy your day

Alison xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment